Top Secret Paint and Coatings - A coatings issue

Issue not resolved

I have a large building and i painted over 5k square feet. It started falling off after i spent big bucks on the coatings. Peter Harrett, the active manager there asked me if i tested the moisture before painting it?

I didn't but a paint should still work shouldn't it?

Then he asked what i cleaned the floor with. My crew swept it. He said i should have washed it and used one of the cleaners he recommended. Now i am very upset, two things i didn't do.

Did i just lose my money not installing this product right? I am very upset. Peter is suppose to call me back. I picked up the paint two weeks ago. It was a nice plant, nice office waiting area and it all the people i meet seemed like good people. I just feel like i shouldn't tried to install this with our crew, either way it's a lot of money to lose.

d5e4795 review #268690
0 Helpful? 0
Had the same issue0 Comments6 Report
Had an experience with Top Secret Paint and Coatings?  Submit review about this company
Greg

Dec 08 Farmington, Missouri

It's simple, read the directions on their website, on the cans, on everything they print. This is not the manufacturers fault or financial responsibility.

FloorGuru

Nov 28, 2011

I bought a complete mono epoxy kit from Top Secret Coatings, I followed the instructions perfectly. I washed the floor, made sure it was extemely clean, etched it, dried it, confirmed dryness, I put down the first coat and let it cure for 48 hours as per supplied instructions, I applied the clear coat and it did almost a curdling effect on the paint. It looks horrible. The clear coat did not go on smooth and now you can see every roller mark in the floor. TSC has told me that I received old instructions and that the new instructions have different curing times. I am severly disappointed. I asked for a refund and I received nothing. They offered to send new product and then never did. The thing is, this is their screw up not mine, I ended up having to put in new flooring at my expense to keep the project on schedule. I highly recommend NOT purchasing from this company. To Top Secret Coatings STAND BEHIND THE PRODUCTS YOU SELL!!! I am in business too and when I have to cover mistakes like this it hurts my bottom line NOT YOURS. And to top it all off, their 600sqft kit includes clearcoat that is rated for a max of 500sqft. It said so right on the can.

FloorGuru

Nov 28, 2011

I bought a complete mono epoxy kit from Top Secret Coatings, I followed the instructions perfectly. I washed the floor, made sure it was extemely clean, etched it, dried it, I put down the first coat and let it cure for 48 hours as per supplied instructions, I applied the clear coat and it did almost a curdling effect on the paint. It looks horrible. The clear coat did not go on smooth and now you can see every roller mark in the floor. TSC has told me that I received old instructions and that the new instructions have different curing times. I am severly disappointed. I asked for a refund and I received nothing. They offered to send new product and then never did. The thing is, this is their screw up not mine, I ended up having to put in new flooring at my expense to keep the project on schedule. I highly recommend NOT purchasing from this company. To Top Secret Coatings STAND BEHIND THE PRODUCT YOUR SELL!!! I am in business too and when I have to cover mistakes like this it hurts my bottom line NOT YOURS. And to top is all off, their 600sqft kit includes clearcoat that is rated for a max of 500sqft. It said so right on the can.

Duck Wiggins

Oct 17, 2011

8) I'm good thank you all. Hey thanks for stepping up and helping me fix it. Really appreciate the help. See soon, and the beer is on me afterwords. Thanks!

A floor coating issue

Oct 17, 2011 Fermont, Quebec

I am sorry you had such a bad problem with your floor application. Grease and oil must be thoroughly removed before the application of any liquid applied floor coating! I wish your crew had followed the advice we offered! Meanwhile this is a big job and we don't want anyone to have a bad experience so even though the floor wasn’t prepared properly and the coating was miss-applied we want to help as best we can. I suggest allowing us to replace the material for you at half price and let our people strip the floor to bare concrete, remove the grease and oil present, and redo it for you without any added cost. I hope that works for you. Let me know ASAP. Thank you. Peter Harrett, Top secret Coatings Inc..

Duck

Oct 17, 2011

I feel really bad now. I posted this and then talked to Ron, then Mike, then Peter. All of them were very nice. I understand i messed up the job. Peter is sending a crew to come out and redo the job i messed up for cost. :) The thing is my original bids were far more than what this is costing me so i am very happy. They stepped up, and are doing what is right to make this right. This is a good company. They do floor coating installations for about 1.00/sqft per coat which is excellent for floors over 10k square feet anywhere in the country. Thanks you guys!!! :)

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.